Before I say anything else, you should know…
Florida Probate is not always necessary
Reasons why probate might be needed:
- There are assets that are “stuck” in the decedent’s name (real estate, checking accounts…)
- A bank tells you that “Letters of Administration” are needed.
- You need to file a lawsuit on the decedent’s behalf (i.e. wrongful death)
These are all legitimate reasons to open a probate case in Florida but the reality is that sometimes probate just isn’t necessary.
Hi, I’m Long and I’m a probate attorney practicing out of Gainesville, Florida.
I’d love the opportunity to examine your case details in a brief phone consultation.
Within 10-15 minutes I can determine:
- Is probate necessary?
- Which type of probate is the most suitable and cost-effective?
- When should you start a probate case? (This is more complex than it sounds.)
We should talk.